Legal blogging is crucial for law firms and attorneys. Blogging is the best way to keep your website current, provide compelling content for visitors, get better search engine placement, and attract new clients. In order to get the results you want from all your hard work writing new content for blog posts, you need to follow these six law firm blogging tips that get results.
- Write headlines that grab attention and target keywords – People love lists so headlines such as “Eight Skills Your Denver Immigration Lawyer Must Have” will attract more visitors to your website. Depending on your law firm practice and if you work in one geographic location, you may want to include your location in these headlines like we did in this example.
- Target keyword phrases in your blog content – Choose a keyword phrase to target with each blog post you write. For example, for your blog post titled “Eight Skills Your Denver Immigration Lawyer Must Have”, you could choose to target the keyword phrase “Denver Immigration Lawyer”. When writing your blog post content, you will want to include this keyword phrase at least five times and up to ten times. This will help your blog post to come up higher in search engine rankings when someone searches for “Denver Immigration Lawyer”.
- Link to your blog posts from social media websites – Be sure to link to all of your blog posts from social media websites such as Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Linking to your blog post from social media websites will ensure that the search engines such as Google will find your new blog post right away.
- Write for your readers and the search engines – You must write content that has value to visitors of your website. Try to write naturally as if you were writing to a friend. Provide information that people looking to hire an attorney are looking for. As you write, try to fit in your targeted keyword phrase but make it sound natural. You do not want your blog post to sound like it was only written to try to get better search engine placement.
- Link to other pages on your website in your blog posts – When you mention a keyword phrase in your blog post such as “Denver Immigration Lawyer”, you should link to your immigration practice area page. This will help the search engines to rank your practice area pages higher.
- Include at least one photo or image in your blog posts – Visitors to your website are drawn to visual elements. Include at least one image or photo that relates to your blog post content in all blog post you write. You should include your targeted keyword phrase in the images properties. We will teach you how to do this in your training session that you will receive as part of your new WordPress law firm website.
If you follow these tips, you will be a more successful legal blogger. The more successful you are with your law firm blogging, the higher your site will rank in the search engines. You need good search engine rankings in order to attract enough visitors to your website so that you can generate leads and get new clients.